This course covers the essential elements of 29CFR 1026 Subpart P Trenching and Excavations. Course materials supplied will include:
- Site preparation and layout
- Access and Egress
- Protections from hazards associated with trenching
- Stability of adjacent structures
- Excavation inspections and hazards analysis
- Competent Person Requirements
Students will experience soil analysis procedures through hands on exercises while using associated testing equipment and hazard analysis techniques through visual inspection scenarios on associated trenching sites.
Individuals who work in or around trenches or excavations, supervisors, those in position of signing associated required paperwork or permits, and site managers in the O&G, construction, or pipeline industry would benefit from this class.