“Math for the Oilfield” is a one day course designed to help current and future oilfield workers understand the simple but unique calculations used every day in the oil and gas Industry. New Mexico Junior College is offering this training as part of an oilfield resume building program promoting success through learning.
“Math for the Oilfield” is designed to meet a need expressed by oil company management when hiring new employees. It is also applicable for current employees advancing to a sales or supervisory position.
Accurate measurements and calculations are routinely required for both surface and downhole work. “Math for the Oilfield” will provide this information in the following areas:
- Basic math review: geometry, fractions/decimals, percent, etc.
- Unit conversions: length, volume, rate, weight, pressure, etc.
- Measurement of tank capacities, fill rates, and usage rates.
- Tubing, drill-pipe, casing, and hole volumes.
- Downhole annular volumes.
- Tubular and rod weights.
- Hydrostatic pressure of various fluids at depth.
- Chemical/additive feed rates and usage.