: The Photovoltaic System Professional is a comprehensive course and guide to installation of residential and commercial photovoltaic (PV) systems. This course covers the principles of PV electricity and how to effectively incorporate it into stand-alone or utility-connected electrical systems. We give detailed illustrations to clarify the concepts behind PV system operation.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Define the core elements of photovoltaics and solar energy technology
• Define systems components, configurations, and battery types
• Identify elements of charge controllers and inverters
• Identify components of mechanical and electrical integration
• Identify permitting codes and regulationsInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Photovoltaic Systems by James P. Dunlop